Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chanting A Mantra

"Om mani padme hum" is a mantra in Buddhism that is especially revered by the devotees of the Dalai Lama. This mantra is considered to be very powerful in creating transformation of the body, mind and soul.

Chanting it helps us to keep things in perspective and also helps us to achieve serenity and happiness thus taking us out of the permanent cycle of rebirth and placing us in a state of eternal bliss (Nirvana).

I use it myself - sometimes successfully - to prevent myself from responding to being baited. Alas, as the Swedish Communion Office says, "I poor and sinful man, born in sin, likewise having all the days of my life transgressed against Thee in manifold ways, do with all my heart confess to Thee, Holy and Righteous God, most Merciful Father, that I have not loved Thee above all things, nor my neighbor as myself."

Someday, perhaps one of these days...

But Lord you test me too much with my human frailty and some of my unmedicated neighbors. Please Lord make me stronger fast!

...and hell no, I have not become a born-again Christian during Easter, I am still an Atheist.

2 comments :

  1. LOL thanks for adding that essential information Apmel.

    I already knew that his holiness Dalai Lama is antigay and an antiabortionist. This post was in no way meant to celebrate him.

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).