Saturday, March 17, 2012

Suspected Criminal Turns Politician

Photo by Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP
The guardian.co.uk website reports;
"The WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange plans to run for a seat in Australia's senate next year despite being under virtual house arrest in the UK and facing sex crime allegations (actually two counts of suspected rape, my comment) in Sweden.

The 40-year-old Australian citizen has taken his legal battle against extradition all the way to Britain's supreme court, which is expected to rule on his case soon
."
Read the full article here: guardian.co.uk; Julian Assange  to run for Australian senate.

---
Well, I am sure this will not be the first time in history that a suspected criminal enters politics. It should come as no surprise to anyone that I am not wishing him any luck in this endeavor.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).