Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Impact of A Blogger

Joe Jervis, the super-blogger who has the Joe.My.God. or J.M.G. (url) blog, shared this story with his readers yesterday. The story came to him in an email from one of his readers, Cindy.

"Hi, Joe, I had an interesting call at the phone banks last night. I have been volunteering calling voters 3 or 4 nights a week to fight the (Minnesota) marriage amendment, and last night I was given a list of voters who previously said they'd be voting yes (to limit marriage to one man/one woman) to try and persuade them to vote no.
One gentleman I spoke with had been firmly in the Yes camp until he saw the ads they began running here on TV. He was so angry with the LGBT community after hearing the things Kalley Yanta said that he went online to find proof of how awful gays really were- and instead managed to Google the real stories behind the newest attack ad, realized they were lying about us and changed his vote to no- along with his entire family.

But it gets even better- after telling me that he found many articles about the specific issues which were in the attack ad, I asked him which sites he'd found most helpful. "Oh!", he said," Have you ever read a website called Joe Dot My Dot God Dot?" I managed not to laugh until after I got off the phone, but told him that I'd look into that website, especially if he found it useful. He told me that as far as he was concerned, (Minnesotans) United For All Families should just tell the Yes voters to go read that guy Joe's website, he had learned a lot from it especially because as far as he knows he doesn't have any gay friends. So, you won one for us - thank you, Joe!"
---
It is quite understandable that Joe did a cabbage patch-dance at his desk when he had read that email.

To receive such tangible proof that you have had an impact on someones heart and mind is the greatest praise a blogger can get. Joe has worked hard and long to get it and is well worth all the praise, accolades and blog awards he can get!

I read his blog daily and everyone else should do it too, for the always interesting posts but also for the hilarious, knowledgeable and bitchy comments by his readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).