Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hi-a-tus-es

Hi·a·tus  /haɪˈeɪtəs/ noun, plural hi·a·tus·es. (Dictionary.com)

The term hiatus has suddenly turned into a very popular word among my immediate family and friends in SecondLife. At this time I have five of those closest to me on a hiatus, they are my brother in-law Drey, my buddy Butch, my stepson Guyke, my sister Millimina and my buddy Ziggy. Their reasons for this decision vary.

Drey has just vanished and doesn't respond to messages, so his reasons are still unclear, but they usually occur when he has a lot of stuff going on in his first life.

Butch is on a sort of semi-hiatus because of first life occurrences. 

Guyke is on a hiatus to enjoy the feeling of cuddling up close to a warm man. 

Millimina is on one due to a busy first life also. 

And finally Ziggy because of painful health issues in first life - which are hopefully going to be taken care off by skillful surgeons of the Canadian Nation Health Care very soon.

In my humble (well maybe not all that humble...) opinion the five of them would be better off if they took a hiatus from their first lives instead of SecondLife, because their is no better place to be than in-world (preferably with me) if you want to relax from the stresses of a busy first life, as evidenced by the wonderful picture by Millimina that i am using in this post.

4 comments :

  1. I will be back! (In exactly two days from now )
    Huggles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a slight correction: I am not a (semi)hiatus! I am on a (semi)sabbatical. Not sure what the difference is, but sabbatical sounds more intriguing.
    I would of course love to take a hiatus/ sabbatical from my first life, but alas... I can't seem to get it uninstalled :-\
    Anyway you know I am in SL whenever I get the change/energy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HUGS* I am so glad to hear the op went well and your ordeal is over! Can't wait for you to make our lives an ordeal again with your asskicking and throat stomping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I am so happy that this post dragged three of you out of hiding! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).