Sunday, April 21, 2013

At MWFW 2013 - The Shiki Show

Yesterday I took the time to drop in on the Euro Party at The Menswear Fashion Week, unfortunately I was late so it ended within less than 10 minutes of my arrival.

Nevertheless it wasn't a total waste of time because within a few minutes of my arrival at the venue I had the following conversation in Instant Message (IM):

[2013/04/20 14:50]  Lee McKay: Hot av!
[2013/04/20 14:52]  Bock McMillan: Thanks Lee ;) You aren't half-bad yourself? LOL
[2013/04/20 14:52]  Lee McKay: hehehe, thank you :)
[2013/04/20 14:54]  Bock McMillan: It was a real pleasure...
[2013/04/20 14:55]  Lee McKay: I'm having a real pleasure watching you :)

From that excellent start of a beautiful friendship we went on and talked awhile before deciding that we would meet again at the Shiki Show at 3 P.M. SLT and befriended each other.
A shitload of female avatars taking up space
When it was time for the Shiki Show I had huge troubles getting in because the venue was filled with mostly women, as if they don't have 51 out of 52 weeks a year in which to visit fashion shows. It is common knowledge that the ratio between fashion for menswear and womenswear in SecondLife is approximately 1:10,000 or maybe even 1:100,000. I cannot really see the need for women to hog the space and preventing interested male fashionistas from gaining access to the venue.
Lee and I at the Shiki Show
I had a conversation with one of the organizers, the kind and helpful Merrill Genesis, and suggested they raise the number of avatars allowed. Merrill agreed that it would be a good idea, especially as many in the audience were in the low lag icons. (As the obedient Swedish man I am, I had followed the request and had come to the show as a hot bowler hat, while ny new friend Lee - as the rebellious American man he is - totally ignored the request.) Soon after that I did get in on the venue with the help of Merrill and Lee.

The Shiki Show turned out to be a disappointing for me, I saw nothing I would ever wear in the show. All the same I had a good time chatting with Lee and avatar-watching (which is the SecondLife equivalent of people-watching, one of my favorite pastimes in first life).

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).