Saturday, June 1, 2013

My "New" First Life (Updated)

According to the agreement I made with my boss, my new life starts today.

It's off to a bit of a rocky start because yesterday I went for a visit with friends, a now retired coworker and her husband. We had a great evening, eating, drinking and talking all through the mild early summer evening.

Before I arrived I had decided to drive home later in the the evening, but that plan flew out of the window when they enticed me with a gin and tonic. So we started with that then had wine during the delicious barbecue dinner and ended up with a glass of brandy followed by several single malt whiskeys (of Swedish and Japanese origin).

I didn't go to sleep until around 2 AM (local time) and slept deeply through the night, except for the two times I managed to roll of the edge of 90 centimeter bed and crash onto the floor. Luckily I did not wake up my hosts, I don't think so at least. This morning we had a full breakfast (I usually only drink coffee the first three hours after awaking.) while we chatted some more, so I did not start my drive home until around 11 AM.

Today we have had semi-lousy weather with showers all through the day. Besides I was a bit tired after last evening, so I decided not to start my new regimen until tomorrow.

As it also happens I have made a date "for coffee" ('hint, hint*) tomorrow with a man I have been chatting with on a Swedish cruising and gay news forum. We have been talking for about two years there and still haven't met, he has been uncommonly patient with me for someone you meet at such a place. I have been reluctant to meet for several reasons, some are known to you already, but another one is that he is already married to another man.

Today I decided it is not my concern or business to worry about their marriage, its his responsibility and his alone. Let's see what comes of it all, I am not sure that I have completely convinced myself...

Update
I just read a message from "the man" where he cancelled for tomorrow, because his brother and family have decided to pay him a visit and stay until Monday. He asked for a rain check and I said "Sure, lets do it when you have the time".

8 comments :

  1. Good luck with the coffee-date when it happens:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Jasmine, to tell you the truth I was quite relieved when he cancelled for today ;)

      Delete
  2. To embark on a new life is never going to be easy, there will be many bumps in the road. It seems to me we are both at a crossroads in FL (notice the use of FL, not RL). I'm rooting for you Bockilein as I know you are for me. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am behind you all the way, Guykechen, may the force be with both of us! ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha I am staying away from the most notorious public cruising sites... promise!

    Thanks for looking out for me, buddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we need to be in bed together, ir would you accept more "ordinary" circumstances?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana smiles at Bock and wishes him much luck on this new guy. Be careful of married people, they are fun, but not long-term relationships. Also, think about how this reflects on you? Do you want this? Still, have a good time, just don't commit. I am packing now in case the Laird's attorney needs to intervene ---- is sure to pack fangs just in case, lol ---- :) Tell the new guy Hunter would advise him not to piss me off :) giggles......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take care and am happy to know that you ready to save me at short notice! I will be sure to pass on Hunters advise to anyone I encounter ;)

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).