Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Silent Protest

This is old news, but I still felt the need to blog about it as it shows us all - even opinionated loudmouths like myself - that one can sometimes convey a clear message extremely successfully and very subtly.
Emma Green Trégaro is a Swedish athlete and straight ally, who competed in high jump at the world championships in Moscow on Thursday. She colored her fingernails in rainbow-colors to show support for the LGBT community in Russia against the country's new homophobic law.

On a side note I would like to add that,  in my mind, Emma's second most notable achievement in life is catching and marrying a former crush of mine, the former high jumper and now successful trainer Yannick Trégaro.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).