Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nelson Mandela, 1918 - 2013

"During my lifetime, I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination and against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic, free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." Nelson Mandela speaking on April 20, 1964, at the closing of the Rivonia Trial after which he was sentenced to life imprisonment. The picture was taken in 1990 on the day after he was set free after 27 years in prison.
Rest in peace, my hero!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).