Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happy 8th Rezday, Dej

[14:05:56] Dej (dejerrity.mycron): Dear Abbey:  Eight years ago today, on October 23, 2006, I read an article on the Huffington Post about a new virtual world, where you could create anything, be anything, and interact with people from every corner of the Earth.  I must have been really fucking bored that particular day, because I followed the link thinking it might be cool to build a starship.  Never once did I think that by clicking "Download" it would change my life forever.  Never once did I foresee the true friendships, the wild fun, the wacky adventures, the all night dancing, having a career managing clubs...and falling deeply in love....  SL has added a great deal to my life, and I hope that I have been able to add something to the lives of those I have met here and come to cherish, especially to those that we have lost.  When all is said and done - I think I will give it another year.  Love you always, Dej (who still doesn't look a day over 5)
---

That was the message from my sweet and loving brother that greeted me when I logged in-world today.

Let me tell you, my dearest Dej, there is no doubt about how much you have added to my life and to others that I have known and still know. I love you dearly and I know for certain that if you had not been there at the time when I needed it, I would not still be in SecondLife. And I still need you, everyday. I love you, Dej, please be a part of my life always!

Happy rezday, my darling brother! The honest truth is that you barely look a day over 4, we are all wondering what lotion you are using...

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).