The Results/Closing party is on May 31, 2016 @ 5pm to 7pm SLT with the tunes supplied by DJ Hᴏᴛᴛɪᴇ B. (mjshotboy.skytower).
Last chance to see the amazing collection of art by the following artists: Bijou, Boudicca Amat, Ciottolina Xue, d-oo-b, Dru G. Eiren-Milneaux, Em Larsson, Hills, Inara Pey, Mareea Farrasco, Nikolai Warden, Proph, Pusher, Randy Firebrand, Ricco Saenz, Tomais Ashdene, Trinity Yazimoto and Ziki Questi. (Bids are accepted until May 30).
The silent auction was intended to raise funds for Relay For Life, a global initiative by American Cancer Society aimed at gathering donations to fight against cancer, as well as providing "a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer" and "remember loved ones lost", as the ACS webpage says. During the exhibition, the public has been able to acquire photo-based pieces as well as sculptures from some of the most renowned artists in Second Life and, at the same time, contribute with the ACS's programs to improve cancer survival, decrease the incidence of cancer and improve the quality of life for cancer patients and their caretakers. It should be noticed, too, that the actions by ACS are not restricted to the United States: lately, the Society has been contributing with initiatives to fight cancer around the world.
Take me to the Visions Of Hope Gallery (SLurl).
Dru G. Eiren-Milneaux
RFL of SL:
- The first Relay For Life of Second Life was held in 2005. It was attended by a few hundred avatars and raised about US$ 5,000.
- In 2015, RFL of SL raised US$ 277,000.
- This year the Relay weekend will be held on July 16th and 17th. Other activities, such as the silent auction, will be organized during the year for raising funds.
Hope Haven Heroes:
- The RFL of SL team that represents Hope Haven, where the support groups for survivors and caregivers meet.
Contacts for further information:
- Randy Firebrand (in world) and Ricco Saenz (in world and via email - email@example.com).