Monday, July 31, 2017

Sansar Beta Opens to the Public

Today I was told that Sansar had been opened for the general inquisitive public, so I of course had to try it out.

I managed to successfully create an account and then logged in. I took a long while until everything was in place and I found myself standing on top of people three-deep. More than I had gotten the idea to try it out it would seem.
Bock at the Zen Garden in Sansar
One important thing to remember is that this game is primarily intended for those with an Occulus setup. They get more information on the screen and can do things you cannot do without the Occulus. I couldn't do mush once I was logged in and had managed to extricate myself from the others enough so I could move around. There was a great deal of lag too,

I could talk, but I couldn't see the names of anyone of those around me so I didn't know if I knew then. At another place ("experience") named 114 (something) created by Draxtor, I listened in to a conversation between a Linden representative and a woman and as far as I understand the launch of the beta had been successful with only a few minor glitches.

As far as I understand there are - at least as yet - no intention of connecting the two worlds, except possibly through Marketplace. So two worlds, two accounts.

Later I was contacted by a friendly guy named Colt, who said he recognized my name from SecondLife. So we had a nice chat. After a while I felt really tired of being back to 2007 and feeling like a noob - although I can see there is a great potential - so I logged. We'll see how much and how often I visit again, maybe this is something directed mainly at the very young gamers. I am not a gamer, I am a venerable, old, resident.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).