Thursday, July 26, 2018

Tropical Heatwave

I would like to let you all know that I am still alive, despite the extreme weather conditions, 28-32° C (82-90° F) for Northern Europe. Mind you, I am not complaining!

However, it's just a bit hot, has been going on for a long time and will most likely continue a while longer. So, I guess - even if I am most certainly not complaining - I am trying to let you know I am not totally comfortable, i.e. suffering a bit.
Cold showers and a big fan are keeping me alive, although just barely. 

5 comments :

  1. We have had similar yet not so hot uncomfortable weather since early July. I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's very hot for you guys - I finally folded last summer when it didn't get below 28C in 3 weeks and bought a portable AC unit - it does the job keeping my bedroom cool enough for me to sleep and I was surprised how little my energy bill jumped from using it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am considering buying one too, at least to be prepared for next summer

      Delete
    2. i have heard in some parts of northern Europe it is difficult to find AC. and in some situations nice fans. Otto has ordered a temp control window fan from USA.

      Delete
    3. Yes, Petr, I can imagine the stores being sold out at this point. Luckily my fan is still in excellent working order... but an AC for the bedroom next summer is on my list.

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).