Wednesday, October 24, 2018

sirhc DeSantis: "My Friend Stopped Running Today"

Lucien Maven, in first life a.k.a. Jeffrey Miller
When I came home from work and opened my email, at the very top there was a group notice sent out by my Sergeant in Arms and friend sirhc DeSantis McMillan titled "My friend stopped running today".

The sad title of sirhc's message was explained in another group message sent out just a few minutes earlier by his spouse Mrs. Vampi Twine McMillan McMillan (honorary) where she informed us that they had received the bad news that Lucien Maven had lost his battle against cancer and passed away today.

Lucien was a wonderful, warm, sweet and kindhearted man and a stunning DJ. He will truly be missed. I was very sorry to hear of his passing.

My warm condolences to his families and close friends in both his first and Second Life. 

Your battles are now over, dearest Lucien, rest in peace with the universe. We will remember you and celebrate you.

---
P.S. Later today I learned that sirhc was quoting from the British author Richard Adams' novel "Watership Down" (1972), where the character Hazel says, "My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today."

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).