Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Second Home is Closing

It is with heartrending sadness I keep rereading this note card from my amazing friend Circe Broom entitled "Closing Notice". I had somehow missed it in the onslaught of messages that meet you when you log in to SecondLife but my reliable friend Diana Gilderoy forwarded it to me.

Circe Broom
"It is with profound regret that I must announce the closing of my Laurel Arts Isle venues (Sunset Jazz Club, Memphis Pavilion, Luxor Stage, Cairo Theater, and Sanctuary), which will take place on February 20, 2012. 
I have run venues since 2004, but can no longer sustain the cost of maintaining the sim. I thank you all for your visits over the years. I am grateful for all the wonderful music and poetry that has taken place in my venues. It is hard to let go, but I simply must. 
Thank you. I will never forget the wonderful times we've had. Join us during these last weeks of our existence, take pics, post them, send them to me, whatever - so that we can remember Laurel Arts for another 8 years! 
I want to thank those of you who have donated at the venues, helping to keep the Laurel Arts venues running this long. Due to the recession and a seeming paradigm shift in Second Life, not many people deem it necessary to support entertainment in SL, causing many venues to close down. Sadly, my venues now join those who have come to this bitter end. 
The final shows on Laurel Arts Isle will be held on Sunday, February 19, 2012. 
Special thanks go to my assistant, Angelstar3 Stonewall, and my partner, Vincent Merricks, for their staunch support, especially during my illness and absence. 
The Circe's Circle of Sounds group, which is over 4,000 members strong, will remain intact, and artists/poets can use it to announce their shows anywhere after February 20. 
Warmest regards, Circe Broom"

I have been a regular patron at the Laurel Arts sim during the last four years of my existence in SecondLife. In the beginning with Ars and later alone. We especially made it a habit to visit there for Elfay Pinkdot´s "Coffee and Pajamas Jazz Show". I have met countless of sweet, wonderful and supportive friends there who have become dear to me.

Today Sunday 12, 2012, 10 AM - 12 PM SLT, Elfay will bring us the last Coffee and Pajamas at Circe´s Sunset Jazz Club. So dig out your PJ´s from your overloaded Inventories and

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

2 comments :

  1. Am just dropping a note before I run to my inventory and put on those PJs! Elfay's show is 10 AM to 12 PM SLT at Sunset Jazz Club. It is understandable that the Laird made a small typo as sad as he must be at the closing:(

    Circe has done so very much for music and the arts in SecondLife. We owe her a great debt of gratitude. I hope to see all my C&P friends at Elf's last show there today.

    Big huggles Bock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps that was what I meant to write! I will correct it even if the show is over ;)

      Was great seeing you and all the others there Diana, I am going to try to do a post about it tomorrow.

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).