Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bock as a Noob

Well today my inventory reached 20 000 items and I realized it was time to start a new cleaning up project. But then I got stuck when I found this picture of myself that I took on May 12th, 2007.

I was two months and a day old in SecondLife that day.

In those days we were all born ugly, with hideous hair and a very limited wardrobe. Not at all like the noobs of today, who are only half-ugly, have almost acceptable hair and a few different wardrobes to choose from.

The first thing I changed about myself at Welcome Island (I think it was called that, but it could have been Arrival Island.) was to take away the awful hair we were all born with. I put the "News boys cap" on my bald head instead. (I searched my inventory for the cap today, but it´s no longer there.)

It really took me a long time to find hair, because I did not stay inworld that much in the beginning. After I found Boots Gay Beach and the helpful and friendly guys there, things started to change little by little.

It was at Boots also that I met the man who first showed me where I could buy decent hair. The same guy told me, after having known me for about a week, that he loved me and would like me to become his slave boy, but then I would need to make myself shorter and more slender. I told him to bugger off because I liked my shape fine and did not have the inclination to be his or anyone else´s slave.

The next picture is me (to the left) dancing on a float during Second Pride ´08 together with my green haired acquaintance Helyo Mendes. Helyo was working security at Pride at that time. I saw Helyo again a few weeks ago, he still looks great (but now without the green hair).


At that time my Ars and I were a couple for more than six months. We also lived together on our first two parcels of land on the Southern Charm sim.

The last picture is of my Ars. I took it at the Memorial Candle site of Second Pride ´08. We went there together to light candles in remembrance for the friends and family we had lost. It was a touching and solemn place. We were completely surrounded by candles in there and all the candles had names and greetings attached (which cannot be seen in the picture).

Ars never, ever, asked me to change anything about myself and he loved me through all my changes.

P.S. Now I am waiting to see what the other bloggers looked like when they were born!

2 comments :

  1. ok then hihi i will dig through and see what i can find

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty for showing them! I will see if I can show some photos of me beeing a noob. I remember how strange it was opening boxes and I had difficulties just walking and then the terrible "skin thing"...when it said "Demo" all over me and I had no clue how to take it off.....

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).