Monday, October 17, 2011

Named Avatars 1

This is the first installment in my new series about the intriguing names of avatars in SecondLife

This excellent idea was suggested to me by my dear friend and personal eye-shopper Kandinsky Beaumont. It is of course therefor only fitting that she is the first.

Here are Kandinsky´s reasons for choosing the names for her avatar in SecondLife

Kandi in Kandinsky
My first name came to me for two reasons.

It is the family name of the great Russian painter, Wassily Kandinsky, dead 1944, whom I like very much. The second reason I took it as my first name was the belief that I would be the only one in sl with that name. 


That I later should get the nickname Kandi was absolutely nothing I thought of.

My last name, Beaumont, is chosen among the names given by sl at that time. It suited me fine as it is part of a by me beloved address in rl.

One of my first friends in SL came to be an avatar with a great sense of humor and a lot of energy with the same family name as mine, Bafana Beaumont. He is now very active in the group
Africa live, doing a lot of good things. Nowadays his name is Osagyefo Kwame N'krumah.

P.S. to Bock: Wassily Kandinsky was a lawyer before he turned to painting and made art history... : ))
-----

Kandi, you took me by surprise with your fast response so I used the only picture I of you I was certain I had on my computer. If you would like me to use another picture please send me some at the mailing address below.

If you would also like to participate in the series by sharing your reasons for choosing the name you have given your avatar, please send me an e-mail lundamats@gmail.com. Please include a picture of yourself.

I may take some editorial liberties with your text and picture, such as correcting obvious misspellings in the US English and perhaps shortening. However I promise that I will not distort any facts and that I will contact you if the changes are of a major nature (or if I have reason to believe that you would think so).

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).