Saturday, November 5, 2011

All Saints Day

Today is the All Saints day in Sweden. It is a movable holiday that occurs on the Saturday that comes between October 31st and November 6th. (When this holiday was created by the Swedish parliament in 1953 Saturdays were still work days.) The church celebrates another All Saints day on November 1st, but that day isn't a holiday.

This Saturday many of us visit our dear departed and light candles and lay out flowers on their graves or - if you are old, sick and tired as my parents - you light candles in front of pictures of the loved ones.

I visited my sister and grandparents graves today on behalf of the family, other than those few hours I have spent most of the day sleeping. I don´t know what has made me so tired, because I am otherwise in a good mood.

Tonight I am going to reenter SecondLife and light candles for my babe and think happy thoughts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).