Saturday, November 3, 2012

All Saint´s Day

Photo Sören Hallgren,
©Nordiska museet

This is the day in Sweden when we remember those of our friends and family who have passed away. It is a day of peaceful and calm remembrance preferably spent with those that are close to you, to grieve and reminisce our dear departed.

We visit our beloved and light candles at their graves to the point where the graveyards are often completely illuminated by all the candles.

I took my mother on a tour to the graves of our family members that are buried nearby yesterday, my father had a cold and prefered to stay at home. We lit candles in remembrance of those laying there and those that are buried on more remote places.

Ars got a candle too of course!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).