Sunday, July 13, 2014

Panem et Circenses

Today is the third day of the GA SummerFest 2014 and - among other things happening all day long - the Empire of Romanum will give us all a treat with a gladiators tournament.
The title of this post translated to English means "bread and games" and refers to the practice in ancient Rome of providing free wheat to Roman citizens as well as costly circus games and other forms of entertainment as a means of gaining political power.

BYOB ("bring your own bread") and the games will be supplied by Romanum. This event will be a lot of fun, I am sure.

As always when visiting role playing sims dress accordingly and respect the rules (although they may be a bit more lenient about them at this time).

I hope to see you all there!

You own personal chariot to the games at the Colosseum Arena (SLurl).

2 comments :

  1. I wonder if they used to leave themselves exposed like that in the Gladiator ring? Seems hot to look at but a big dangerous don't you think? Talk about a moving target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most definitely agree, Eddi! As you see in my post today they actually had their vulnerable jiggling parts scantily tucked away. Well, all of them except for the rectoris gladotoris himself.

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).