Saturday, February 24, 2018

"It Is Considered A Fashion Faux Pas"

I and the guys visited the one year anniversary celebration of Achille's "Men's Nudist Beach" (a.k.a. MNB or Men's Clothed Beach) yesterday.
Holt, I, Tomais, JJ and Wayne 
After awhile I saw something on one of my friends that shook me to the core.

Old men all over the world do it without shame. Germans and Brits do it. Hell, even David Beckham does it! And in the fashion seasons of 2010 and 2014 some designers attempted to make it trendy, but - Thank the Babylonians! - failed. We are talking about wearing socks with sandals.

Now, according to Wikipedia, this is an age old point of contention in men's fashion. "Wearing socks and sandals together is a controversial fashion combination and social phenomenon that is discussed in various countries and cultures. It is considered a fashion faux pas."

So, one of my friends was actually wearing sandals with socks, believe it or not... Surprisingly it was the most fashion forward among us sporting this weird combination, the awesome and well known SecondLife fashion icon, fashion vlogger, film director and producer (link takes you to his YouTube Channel) and not least a brilliant photographer (link to his Flickr), Mr. WayneNZ Esq.
Wayne in socks and sandals
Ladies and gentleman, I am now going to ask you for your opinion, is it the combination of socks and sandals cool or uncool? Please take the poll in the top right corner and add any additional remarks you may have in the comments.

2 comments :

  1. Well it's not something I'd ever do but I've seen it a lot lately with the young fashion-forward 'hipster' set - so maybe it's a thing now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Babylonians, I hope the fad will pass as fast as it has done before

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).