Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nakna avatarer i SL - the end

The publication of the winner of the contest on Christmas Day was the end of the project "Nakna avatarer i SL" ("Nude Avatars in SecondLife") so it is now a time for an evaluation.

As far as the art part of the project, I think it is safe to say it was a huge success. Never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate to receive beautiful, touching, imaginative and humorous contributions from over a hundred avatars. I sincerely love them all - for very different reasons. It is also my belief that the project may have entertained you all in some small way.

As for the peace part of the project I - at least for a short while - saw some glimmerings of hope and reconciliation among us Swedes in SecondLife. Sadly that did not last for long or even til the end of the project. The fractions are now entrenched and mostly no longer communicating at all. The peace part of the project must therefore be considered a total and miserable failure.

This failure should of course in no way prevent myself or anyone else from trying again in the future.

All in all, I had great fun working with this and that at a time when I badly needed the distraction. I also got many new contacts with interesting, strong, visionary and idealistic people. We are no longer strangers to each other - and that is always a good thing.

Knowing others always means it is harder to disrespect or dislike them. The best things is it works both ways, it is also harder for them to disrespect or dislike you. Getting to know one another gives us color, depth and perspective of each other. We see or can sense the other person´s point of view easier, clearer or better and that is how great friendships start.

There is still hope, I´ll be happy with that for the moment.

2 comments :

  1. Vad blev det, över 100 nakna avatarer!?
    Det är bra jobbat, Bockis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditt jobb var bara början Bock!! Nu ska vi jobba vidare för din tanke, som var något som vi alla ska sträva efter!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).