Monday, August 16, 2010

Philip Linden agrees to makeover

My favourite interim CEO Philip Linden (aka Philip Rosedale in RL) of Linden Lab gave a keynote adress at the SLCC 2010 where he promissed us a lot of improvements in SL before the end of the year.

SLCC 2010 stands for "Second Life Community Convention 2010" and was held in Boston, U.S.A., August 13-15, 2010.

Philip was as always charming and easy to listen to, even for a technically challenged person like myself. I would say I understood close to 98,7 % of what he was talking about, which amazed me. You can read all about the serious stuff on many other blogs, for example here "Tinas universum" (there is also a list of the serious promises and a link to the video of the speech) but they all seem to have missed the three most interesting  and important points Philip made.

Firstly Philip actually agreed to a long-awaited makeover of his avatar and invited all designers and the rest of us to help him out in that process. Philip wants the new look to make him sexier and better represent what Second Life offers us today but still stay in the "general area" of his present avatars looks.

We will all get the possibility to suggest a new and more up-to-date head and body. Among the contributions that are sent in Philip will choose the heads and bodies he feels comfortable to be in and we will all get to vote which combo we like the best.


Secondly Philip gave me his e-mail adress. (Well OK, not me personally but thats totally beside the point.)

Thirdly Philip promissed us all to make it easier to wear shoes in the future.

I was listening carefully to hear him promise something about my long asked for 50 group for premium accounts, but alas he said nothing about that this time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).