Thursday, December 23, 2010

Welcome To My World, Rod!

On December 23rd, 2010, Rod Humble was announced to become the new CEO of Linden Lab, the makers of  SecondLife. He is to lead the company’s strategy and the development of SecondLife.

Rod (born 1 June 1964) has a 20-year career in the game development industry which has included work on more than 200 games.

He joined Linden Lab from Electronic Arts, where, in his role as Executive Vice President, he led the EA Play label, which includes the best-selling PC game franchise of all time, The Sims. In 2009, he was ranked #2 on the annual list of the Hot 100 Game Developers from gaming publication Edge. Prior to his work at Electronic Arts, Humble served as Vice President of Product Development at Sony Online Entertainment for the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) EverQuest.

Read more about Rod here "New World Notes" and see him talk about his view on "toys not games". I think he may be a good thing for us in SecondLife.
---

Welcome to my world, Rod, I hope to learn to know and love you!

Don´t piss in my pool or muddy the waters and give me 50 groups and I am sure we will get along handsomely.

4 comments :

  1. Hopefully a new CEO will change the situation. Recently there are so many people leaving.

    Lindenlab makes it almost impossible beeing a successful creator (at least for the last 1.5 years!)
    It seems like LL forgot that the grid would not excist without OUR content!

    Let's hope that the new CEO understands that it is not just a game, but also a well working market and economy and social network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I feel quite optimistic about this, I refrain from judgement until the Great Bock makes his assessment:) A far better indicator of all things SL and other things too:)
    God Jul buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well guys, we give him the benefit of a doubt for now, if nothing else because he said things that rang true to me in the interview that I linked to - and he is kinda cute too...

    Lets wait and see what he does to back up his passion and cuteness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh almost forgot, God Jul to you too buddy!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).