Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Survey on Virtual Grief

Photo courtesy of Millimina Salamander
Yesterday I received a note card from my friend Kandinsky Beaumont and from the "Remembering Our Friends" group in SecondLife that I would ,like to share with you.

"Have you ever created a memorial page or a group in the Internet?

Have you ever attended a virtual memorial service, commemorations or a wake in a game?

Has a close family member or a friend deceased lately and you would like to share your thoughts about mourning, memorialization and honoring the memory of the deceased?

I am a Finnish doctoral student from the University of Turku, Digital culture, and my doctoral thesis is about digitalization of death and mourning rituals in virtual environments (more about me: http://bittiavaruuteen.wordpress.com/in-english/).

I am looking for people to fill out a short 10 question survey and/or join me for an interview either in Second Life or through e-mail. Please fill out your e-mail or SL-name in the questionnaire form, if you would like to be contacted later.


I am grateful for all help possible in my study! Please pass on this message to anyone it might interest.

With kind regards,
Morita Hoxley a.k.a. Anna Haverinen"

-----
I would like to encourage everyone to share their experiences with Morita/Anna!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).