Monday, August 22, 2011

Sleep


"To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come"
---
I have always had a strained relationship with sleep. I really love sleeping but 
detedt going to bed to sleep and definitely detest to wake up, or rather being 
woken by someone or by a damn alarm clock.

After only getting about three-four hours of sleep each night during the workweek for a period of about three years I was first put on pills to induce sleep, then to a "sleeping school", where I was thought routines to help me during the workweek.

I follow these routines strictly - I would say almost religiously if I weren't
damned Atheist. It has been really helpful. So nowadays I start signaling to 
my body whats going to happen by observing my own special routine and when I go to bed I fall asleep almost immediately. 

Once asleep I am hardly disturbed by anything happening around me. Men can snore, children can scream or my neighbors can go at it like crazy animals in heat, it makes no difference I just sleep through it like a baby.
The photo I am using in this post is beautiful, but there is also another reason why I use it here. The picture reminds me of how I sleep.

I have a big bed but I always sleep on the right side of it, never the left, it´s always left empty for someone. Just like the pale man in the picture I prefer sleeping on my left side.
If you want to see more of Elisabeth Ohlson Wallins photography please look here I recommend 
you take a look at her exhibitions "Jerusalem" and "Ecce Homo".

2 comments :

  1. Nice picture even though there is something disturbingly religious about it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are astoundingly perceptive, bosom-brother! ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).