Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fabrice Snook In Memoriam

Fabrice Snook (February 9, 2007 - November 23, 2011)
It was with great sadness I today learned that the primatar of Fabrice Snook has passed away on November 23, 2011. The news was totally unexpected and has shocked the whole of the LGBT community in SecondLife.

Fabrice was a strong champion for LGBT rights in SecondLife. He was also the founder of the Gay Archipelago (GA), a cluster of approximately 140 LGBT sims. He was the first Chairman of the Gay Archipelago Council board and was until his demise a part of the Council in a non executive role.

Besides being an activist Fabrice was also an accomplished designer, a great mentor and a true friend to many inworld.

I did not know Fabrice well, but the few times we met and talked he was always kind and supportive. The last time we met was at what was to be the taping of The DJ Insyx Show with Spike Clemenceau on November 20, 2011, see my post The DJ Insyx Show - Spike. (The show was cancelled due to technical difficulties.)

Fabrice landed on my head as he teleported in to the studio where the show was going to be taped. We started talking and he was giving me kind praise for a post I had done on GWNews and gave me a few things to think about for future articles. I have actually been waiting for him to be online at the same time as me to continue the discussion.

My heart goes out to all of Fabrice´s family and friends in both his first and second life.

Rest in peace, Fabrice, you will be sorely missed!

---
Landmark to The Gay Archipelago community´s memorial site for Fabrice here (SLurl). (When you visit, please pay your respects swiftly and leave as soon as possible, as the Open Spaces sim only holds 10 avatars at a time)

If you wish, you can leave your condolences on the GA blog here (Url).

1 comment :

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).