Friday, March 13, 2020

Covid-19; Yet Another Reason For Using SecondLife

In these, the latter days, with all the panic caused by the pandemic of the Covid-19 virus, and the calls for social distancing to inhibit the spread of the disease virtual realities like SecondLife can fill the void with our needs as humans for safe social interaction.

Although Sweden as yet has only 775 (8 per 100,000 inhabitants) confirmed cases and no deaths so far, signs of the ongoing panic are emerging. When I visited the pharmacy today, I was informed that they were rationing paracetamol to only 2 items per person as people had been stockpiling the medication. I am sure there are other things being rationed also, but I haven't encountered them.

My elderly mother lives in an assisted living facility where relatives have been asked to completely avoid or severely limit visits until further notice, especially if they have upper respiratory symptoms.

Neighbouring Denmark is closing its borders from 12 PM (noon) tomorrow Saturday, March 14th until April 13th. Travelers will be rejected at the border if they cannot show that they work in the country or have an exceptional reason for entry.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).