Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pet Peeves

A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. (Wikipedia)

I have quite a few pet peeves but two - that both are among the top ten - happened to me yesterday, so I´ll tell you about these today.

Persons constantly complaining about lag when at a crowded event.
Face the fact that it is a natural thing in Second Life, just deal with it. You could try to change your settings for the occasion, but for the love of mankind don´t bitch about it, it gets boring for the rest of us and really fast too.

If you know you cannot stand lag go sit by yourself at the bottom of an ocean somewhere. Have fun!

A wise man - me, myself and I - once said "Lag is a state of mind, don´t blame Second Life!

Homophobes that think being gay means you are halfway a woman or want to be one.
Hey buster, educate yourself. There is a difference you know, between gender, gender identity and sexual orientation. Do your homework and don´t clutter up my life with your ignorance and intolerance.

I took someone off my friendslist yesterday because of this. I told him, if he cannot accept me, why would he want to be on my friendslist anyway?

Otherwise yesterday was a great evening, but I´ll tell you more about that in my next post!

2 comments :

  1. Narrow minded people dont know what they miss. I feel sorry for them!

    Get ready for toga party tonight on Tara ;)

    *huggies*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Mialinn!

    Well 11 p.m. local time is a bit late for me, I have to get up early for work ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).