Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Slow Farewell

After the events yesterday I feel like I have a really bad hangover. You know the kind where you wake up with a throbbing head, shivering body and an awful bitter taste in your mouth.

I am guessing that yesterday in a way will mean a slow farewell to people who have given meaning to my life, which is always a sad thing.

This calls for some Mauro Scocco



A Slow Farewell

And I wish I could say this is just a phase we´re going through 
A storm we have to ride out
And I wish I could say that we´ll make it together 
That everything will work out eventually 
But how do you say to someone, that the road ends here 
And how do you say to someone, that your heart longs to be out
 

And I cannot lie to you,you know me all too well 
But if you look me in the eyes 
They are saying a slow farewell 
(So slow ... a slow farewell)
 

Here is your king now without crown 
Indifferent and tired
A sad figure, whom you never really met
And when I look over my shoulder at the years that just went by
I see everything that was lost but also all that we got 
And what do you say to someone who wants to start again 
When it is already too late;when one is already leaving 

And I cannot lie to you,you know me too well 
But if you look me in the eyes 
They are saying a slow farewell 
(So slow ... a slow farewell) 

I took my hands in the name of love 
You can win everything you lose sometimes 
You fall over, but you rise again
It is not over, it's just the way it feels 
And my heart wants, and the heart can 
Do wonders sometimes 
But the road that we travel on - it leads nowhere 

And I cannot lie to you, you know me too well 
So whatever we call it 
It is just a slow farewell,
mmm Ooha slow farewell! 

So when you look over the shoulder at the years that just went by 
Do you see anything that was lost or everything, oh everything we got.

6 comments :

  1. why a farewell, events (looking for any past) ??
    confused here...
    but sending out some love
    as always
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries my darling BIL! Would never leave you - only in your dreams!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. not EVEN in my dreams !!
    you won't run away that fast, you hear me
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah I am too slow and lazy to run much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to get myself a rel hangover.. so today I am hung over RL :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies, Apmel, and I hope you think it was worth it! ;)

    Isn´t it strange they cannot invent a new drug for us without the hangovers, the addiction or the social problems?

    Such a drug would deserve the Nobel Prize in both Peace and Physiology - at least!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).