Friday, November 5, 2010

All Saint´s Day in Sweden

Today is "All Saint´s Day" in Sweden.

It is a day of remembrance, dignity and reflection. We have the custom of lighting candles and laying flowers or wreaths on the graves of our dear departed on this day.

We also take time to remember the one´s we have lost.

I remember the following people with special love today.

My darling Ars (Doug), who´s love will always keep me warm and safe,
My brother R, who died as an infant and whom I never knew but have always missed in my life,
My sister C, who´s love reminds me of the joy of living,
My maternal grandmother V, who´s love teaches me how to handle desperate times
and
My paternal grandfather F, who´s love teaches me to notice the shy and silent.

I don´t believe in a life hereafter, but if it should exist I hope my saints have all connected there!

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).