Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cherished Moments

As in real life there is always something going on in SecondLife, a party, a performance, an exhibition or some other event that you just cannot miss - or so you think. In my experience those events are a good way to gather people, but what goes on under the surface is more important, interesting and compelling than the event itself.

For me it´s always about the people I meet and talk with, those whom I share thoughts and feelings with, that make SecondLife a wonderful place to be.

Yesterday I was feeling very lazy and uninspired, sort of hungover but not from alcohol just overfilled with impressions I had to digest.

I walked around the sim by myself, clearing out stuff from the Kiss-A-Swede event and looking over things and wandering about to see the magical touches of Ars all over the place. I had the music turned off and instead listened to the birdsong, the wind and the sound of running water from the waterfalls or the waves.

When I was just about to log off, Butch called me in IM to thank for the party. We started chatting and he invited me over to see his beautiful home. After the tour of the grounds and the house, a Swedish log cabin from Post, we ended up in his living room laying on two couches and started talking about stuff that matters to the sounds of birdsong and frogs.

It was a good long talk and will be yet another of my cherished moments in SecondLife.

5 comments :

  1. I enjoyed our talk very much as well, although I am not sure "enjoy" is a suitable word in this case. It was very nice to be able to share things with someone who knows exactly what you mean. I will also cherish that moment :)

    ~ Butch

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing that... looks like the perfect place to lay back and chill out with a pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have that right a good evening with a friend does not always have to include sex Had a very nice BF in SL for awhile and we had many such moments together sometimes just cuddle and talk. It was beautiful. Our time difference just would not let it work. Like this post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. You´re welcome Carl, although I feel compelled to say I never ever have sex with friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).