Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Solutions to a Womans Problem

Blanche Argus (blog Blanche´s Arena) is having problems with the fact that time in SecondLife is mostly announced in SLT (SecondLife Time). SLT is the same as PST (Pacific Standard Time) because the SecondLife computers are placed somewhere in California, United States of America.

I suggest Blanche does what I did and adds two clock gadgets to her desk, with one showing her local time and the other set to the time in Los Angeles, California, USA.

To make it even easier she could choose a digital clock gadget that also tells her if the time shown is AM or PM

Another solution could be to add the clock gadgets supplied by Blogger and set one to her local time and the other to SLT/PST.

6 comments :

  1. -Hut Bock! -Tro inte att feministerna har semester bara för att Vanadis har det!
    Lösningen finns på sidan WorldTimeBuddy - länk finns på Vanadis ser. SLTime är Los Angeles Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggesting a third solution to the problem, Sjofn.

    I am a feminist myself, Sjofn, and sure as hell didn't mean to be to be patronizing or a male chauvinist against Blanche. I am sorry if it could be perceived that way, it was not my intention.

    Please say hi to Vanadis from me if you should happen to talk to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Gud vad stort det här blev..
    Nej, jag tar inte illa upp alls - dessutom är jag ingen feminist heller.

    Tack Bock och Sjofn för erat engagemang!

    ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome, Blanche, I was only trying to be helpful and thought that perhaps others also had the same difficulties as you with timezones so I did a post about it.

    For me it is a matter of course to be a feminist because I wholeheartedly believe in equality of all people and that we all should have the same and equal rights and have the same opportunities, regardless of gender, race or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -The headline became clearer when/if you see the headline before this one. If you click on headline in blogroll you only see the first post.-he he :)
    -Happy pentecost! Or whats left of it it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks have finally gotten myself sort of straight on time and like the idea of the gadget clock. (straight on time only...smile)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).