Sunday, July 31, 2011

Elevator Dream

During my midday nap today I had the strangest dream.

I dreamed I stepped into the elevator in the building I live in in real life and pressed "4" as usual, as I live on the fourth floor. Instead of going to the fourth floor the elevator took me to "9½" (there are only five floors in this building), from there it went downwards to the basement and then up again to the ground floor.

At the ground floor the door of the elevator mysteriously opened and the inner casing of the elevator had somehow been hitched to a very long rope. The casing with me inside was then pulled out of the building and into a park outside where we went all around the park before coming to a standstill. It was at this point I saw that the casing had been docked to a vehicle that was driven by two janitorial looking men in blue coveralls.

They saw me climbing out of the casing but didn't give a damn and just proceed to walk into their office. I was angry as hell and followed them into the office and started arguing with them without success. They still couldn't - or wouldn't - admit that they had endangered my life. They just kept looking at me and then at one another shaking their heads in amazement over my angry rantings.

----

Then I woke up and was furious until I started laughing at myself.

So are there any professional, semi-professional or amateur psychoanalysts out there who would care to explain to me what the hell this dream meant?

6 comments :

  1. Platform 9 1/2 = Harry Potter. I think you should change what you read before you go to slepp or eat something with less garlic or whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Ziggy, interesting interpretation ;)

    Pfft Vanadis, I have never read "Harry Potter" and didn't eat garlic since Wednesday - you get one more chance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your dreams are the same as thoose who is traumatisized in Norway will dream next summer. "The security valve on the pressure cooker is releasing steam". It´s normal after a long troubled time with a mess of feelings. Most people get a better sleep and use to be more calm after this kind of dreams. And they longing after meeting people again.
    Welcome, your friends are waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your dream maybe referred to this:
    The coverall men and the stage of being locked in a cage can be the part of society that tries to cage you and certain people in, maybe the hbt people.
    The try to drag you into the state they want you to be.
    It is Pride-week and you have been thinking of these things I suppose.

    But you stepped out of the cage without being hurt and of course you felt a lot of anger against the part of the society that have tried to suffocate you.

    I myself often dream often like that, full cinemascope with a plot that is quite possible to follow though not always understandable.
    The human mind has some beautiful possibilities among the ugly ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then of course there is this movie from 86... ; ))

    IMDB says:

    "Nine 1/2 Weeks (original title)

    An erotic story about a woman, the assistant of an art gallery, who gets involved in an impersonal affair with a man. She barely knows about his life, only about the sex games they play, so the relationship begins to get complicated"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you kindly Sjöfn and Kandinsky for giving thought to my weird dream.

    Your interpretations are interesting and may hold some truth but I am not qualified to judge. I like the steam venting that Sjöfn proposes though which I suppose partly follow the same lines of reasoning as Ziggy´s and Kandinsky´s suggestions. ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).