Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The World According to the Internet

Created by The Oxford Internet Institute (OII)
I found this interesting and thought provoking map on Joe.My.God. Click it to enlarge.

What struck me first was that I had no idea that 41-50 % of the Chinese population had access to the Internet. 41 percent would mean that at least 550 millions of the country's total population of 1,4 billions.

The second observation was that Africa has no real presence on the Internet yet, except for in the far north and the far south of the continent.

Thirdly, I wondered out loud, "Where the fuck is Norway?"

In a comment on Joe.My.God., someone said that almost all Internet users in Brazil and Venezuela are gay, so now I am wondering if that really can be true?

If it is, I sure am going there for vacations next time. This phrase may finally be useful if I decide to go, "Ei você hunk bonita de um homem, eu posso jogar com o seu Internet depois?"

14 comments :

  1. You didn´t find Norway, Bock, but I found IRL! - not very big:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very observant of you, Apmel! Who would have thought IRL was that small, people keep babbling about it like its some important place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Strömstad in Sweden near the border, there is clear evidence that Norway exists! In the form of Sweden's largest liquor store and supermarket. 90% of the customers speak Norwegian! And not least, the bridge with an "Norway-National Border"-sign in the middle don´t ends in the sea, but both ends reach the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Vanadis, I know a lot of very nice and sexy Norwegians, so I also know it exists but why aren't they using the Internet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks roughly correct to me. China is a huge (bet tightly controlled) market.

    I thought that Brazil actually invaded Norway and annexed it (it was not hard) because all the blonds there wanted to bottom for the hot Brazilian guys.

    http://youtu.be/E_JLSEIylMQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard someone say; "Without the internet no life!" By analogy, no internet no Norway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bye the way; I know theres internet in Norway - I have used it at the Nordic ski World Cup and the Oslo-bombing aftermath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, there really is a Norway, I always thought that was an Utopia, all those healthy, sexy and studly guys with blonde hair and hairy legs going on treks all the time and drinking beer.

    So Vanadis, if i understand you correctly you are saying they all exist and the robust Norwegian woman also?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do Norwegian chicks also have hairy legs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW I used to know a lady from Norway named Hjordis and she was very nasty -- she could have appeared in an ad for a kennel as an inmate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL Eddi, let´s hope she doesn't read this, or she might bite your head off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh missed your previous question earlier, so I should tell you that in my - albeit limited - experience Norwegian women have extremely hairy legs.

    I blame the weather for this freak of nature, permafrost requires a good covering pelt to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. -Half the population in Norway is men and half of them is women! How remarkable! And good looking! Before me in the que att 7-11 two norwegian girls bought "Venus razor blade" so I guess they shave their legs to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at that, it proves my case! Vanadis I am calling you as an expert witness if this slander ever goes to court.

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).