Monday, January 14, 2019

The Killers - Land Of The Free


Composer-Lyricist: Brandon Flowers
Composer-Lyricist: Mahalia Jackson

Land Of The Free
Can't wipe the wind-blown smile from across my face It's just the old man in me Washing his truck at the Sinclair station In the land of the free His mother Adeline's family came on a ship Cut coal and planted a seed Down in them drift mines of Pennsylvania In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free (I'm standing crying) When I go out in my car, I don't think twice But if you're the wrong color skin (I'm standing crying) You grow up looking over both your shoulders In the land of the free We got more people locked up than the rest of the world Right here in red, white and blue (I'm standing crying) Incarceration's become big business It's harvest time out on the avenue Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Move on there's nothing too see Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free I'm standing crying, I'm standing crying So how many daughters, tell me how many sons Do we have to have to put in the ground before we just break down and face it We got a problem with guns In the land of the free Down at the border, they're gonna put up a wall Concrete and rebar steel beams (I'm standing crying) High enough to keep all those filthy hands off of our hopes and our dreams (I'm standing crying) People who just want the same things we do In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Land of the free, land of the free In the land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Land of the free, land of the free Land of the free, in the land of the free (I'm standing crying)

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).