Saturday, January 12, 2013

Support Ticket #01587329 VII

The adventure continues and the plot thickens... Today I sent the following email to my friend Theresa Linden at Linden Lab.
Illustration from autocab International

"Hello again Theresa,

When I did the self-tests you have asked me to perform with the test avatar I got the following results, nothing has been attached.

I do not get the repeats when I am chatting from my home sim (Southern Charm), neither in IMs nor in local chat. However if I go to a laggy sim (KMADD or a party sim) I still immediately get repeats of my own chats in local chat and those I talk to tell me I repeat in IM.

I also get the repeat teleports when I go from the laggy sims back to Southern Charm. When I have already successfully teleported back to Southern Charm I get this pop up (see picture Teleport message).

During this whole experience I have tried scanning for virus with both the program I have installed on my computer (PC Tools Internet Security) and several of the online virus-scanners (f-secure, Trend Micro etc.), at the suggestion of friends I also tried a free trial of the program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  None of these could detect any infection.

As some of my friends had told me about a Trojan that could settle in my keyboard I late last night made a search for a program that could detect and remove such a threat. I found and installed the program Spy Emergency, using this program two infections were detected VX2 ABetterInternet and Trojan Win32 Malware. These were removed in the recommended fashion and then I tried out Bock again, but the results were the same as I have reported above.

I am once again anxiously awaiting your recommendations on further actions.

Hugs,
Bock"

P.S. to my email earlier today.

"Hi again Theresa,

I forgot to mention that my payments are still repeated when I am in a laggy region but not when I pay from my home sim.

Hugs,

Bock"

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).