Sunday, July 25, 2010

I write like...


I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

A fun test you can do to check which famous writer you write like with a statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers. You can find the tool here. Any text in English will do.

I tried it with three different blog posts and it came up with the same answer each and every time, so I am guessing the result is perhaps correct.

My only problem with the result was that I had never ever heard of David Foster Wallace, so I ran to Wikipedia for some help.

David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008) was an American author of novels, essays, and short stories, and a professor at Pomona College in Claremont, California. He was widely known for his 1996 novel Infinite Jest, which Time included in its All-Time 100 Greatest Novels list (covering the period 1923–2006).

Los Angeles Times book editor David Ulin called Wallace "one of the most influential and innovative writers of the last 20 years."

You can read more about David Foster Wallace in this article on Wikipedia.

There you can also read that according to Wallace "fiction’s about what it is to be a fucking human being," and that he expressed a desire to write "morally passionate, passionately moral fiction" that could help readers "become less alone inside."

He truly does feel like a soulmate!

1 comment :

  1. Vem är Cory Doctorow? För jag skriver som han enligt testet.
    Det här var kul Bock, måste kolla vem han är...
    kram

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).