Monday, October 25, 2010

Today Was Ars Rezday

October 25th, 2006, was the first day the avatar named Ars Northmead rezzed into SecondLife. Today would have been his fourth rezday.

As many of you already know Doug, the man behind the avatar, passed away on March 12th, 2010, after a battle with double pneumonia, so Ars will never again rez into SecondLife.

Ars was the most loving, caring and tender man I have ever known in any world. He was also among the most intelligent, warmhearted, creative, fiercely loyal, humorous, pig headed and stubborn men in both worlds. Hell I could throw all the positive adjectives in the dictionary at you, and some of the negative also - of course.  

But I am not impartial concerning Ars and never will be.

When I first came to SecondLife, I very soon received a few advances for partnering, setting up house together and what have you. People told me they loved me after an hour´s conversation, or four days acquaintanceship or - in the slow cases - three weeks.

I thought to myself, "What is wrong with these people? What the f**k are they talking about? I am never ever going there, they are crazy!" All that skepticism ended when I got to know Ars.

I remember the first time I noticed him, long before - well, a few months before - I ever dared speak to him personally. It was at the Devil Inside Club. The DI was at the time "the only" club to be for most of the gay men in SecondLife. I was shown to this club in the summer of 1997 by a friend named Drizz McMillan, who has since left SecondLife. 

Ars was wearing the cutest hat, which was what first caught my eye. After awhile I understood he was the DJ and I heard his voice and laughter - and I was charmed senseless.  

This was when my "Stalking Ars-period" started. I joined the "sarco sound group" and actually went to any and every set the DJ´s in that group ever played that were possible in my time zone. That finally ended when Ars and I started talking with each other. Then I was caught - forever. 

I have been rummaging through my overladen inventory for pictures of Ars. I found several hundred, here I would like to share a few with you all.



14 comments :

  1. Very very nice and beautiful photos Bock! And we never ever forget the ones we love. True love is a treasure, you two found it.

    A big hug
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS! Det finns ord men de skulle bli så många att inte ens internet räcker... så - A HUGE BIG HUG!

    /Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. En stor kram till dig på Ars rezzdag och tack för att du delar med dig av minnen och foton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks Bock!

    Hugsss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I really loved the picture of Ars and you.

    Lots of hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I told Ars (dad/Doug)... just seeing your name online gives me comfort. These days just having his name on my list comforts me...

    He was as real as you can get in this surreal world.

    Happy rezday dad xoxoxo

    Dikke knuffel Bock <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look soo good together!And you will always be together.Thanks for showing those
    Huggs Zigga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh BIL this was a great post and you finally mentioned Drizz at a certain point... that guy was crazy I know. I had a guy telling me the other day 'it would be great having a one night only SS reunion' I had to cut his dreams out because the real SS essence is gone. The REAL 'boss' is gone. The 'dream team' is never gonna happen again. Not in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks my friends and family, for all you sweet comments!

    Big and warm hugs back to you all

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).