Sunday, November 7, 2010

On Another Note

If it had not been for the arrest of the suspected gunman today, the most important news in Malmö would have been - and perhaps still is for some - the soccer game today

Today is the the final round of the Swedish soccer championship and the team from Malmö, MFF, stands at good chance to become the Swedish champions this year if they defeat the visiting team from Mjällby.

So why am I telling you this, you may wonder, especially since I could not care less about whether or not MFF wins or loses. I only watch soccer occasionally to look at the players legs.

Well you see, Malmö is the neighbouring town to my hometown Lund. It is also the town where I work. So "everyone" has been talking about this game forever, I have been totally bored.

So for my sake please join me in hoping that MFF - or "di blåe" ("the blue") as they are lovingly called by their fans - win today, or it will not be fun at work the coming weeks.

4 comments :

  1. I´m rooting for HIF (Helsingborgs IF) since they are called the same as the team from the town I came from, Huskvarna IF, (HIF).. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Apmel!

    Oh I see now that I neglected to mention in my post that MFF must win the game. If they don´t win or if there is a draw the champions will be your team HIF, Apmel.

    Deep sigh You can all see what I have been subjected to the last month, my brain is overloaded with such useless information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i will join in with you bock cos i DO NOT want HIF to win again eventho i am from hbg. was caught in the cheering last time as my friends and i decided to go out on the town that night not having a clue there was going to be a celebration for the football crazy ppl... my evening was totally distroyed by them screaming SM GULD in my ear all evening (which became a very short evening as i couldnt stand them screaming)
    i couldnt care less who wins as im NOT AT ALL interested in men running after a ball. give em 1 each id say.
    pöss
    oh yeah to be on the safe side im staying in all day and night today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, gurl, I hear you!

    ...but just one thing, did you ever look at the players legs? Abso-f**king-lutely to die for!

    Give me a soccerplayer without a ball I say! (Hrmmmphhh and I don´t mean without one of those balls...)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).