Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trust

This evening I have been thinking about the meaning of the word "trust". There are three reasons for this
1) a few incidents relating to the Lucia pageant last Sunday,
2) an e-mail I received today and
3) a survey published today in the Swedish press.

I seem to remember having read somewhere, that trust is a result of clarification of expectations, delivery on expectations and straightforward communication.

The reason Ars and I trusted each other without any doubts or reservations is, I think, that we always took great pains in talking things through and being completely honest with one another. Trust never comes lightly, it is earned by hard work, respect, constant communication and - of course - delivery.

On a lighter note a Swedish company today released a survey concerning which occupations have the highest and lowest confidence among Swedes (20-74 years old).

The results were not really surprising but still interesting. The doctors won with a 55 % confidence rating, closely followed by the police at 50 %. My own profession the lawyers come in at a measly 21 %. In the bottom end we find estate agents 5 %, journalists 4 % and car dealers at 1 %

2 comments :

  1. Well Bock, as an insider i have 95 on lawyers and 10 on doctors..:)Doc without nurse.. less than 2 %

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).