Thursday, April 21, 2011

Email for Easter

Från: XX [mailto:x.x@y.se]
Skickat: den 21 April 2011 19:04
Till: Debbie Z
Ämne: Happy Easter

Dear Debbie, Marie and Mr. X and all the others of what I feel is my American family,

Today I have been thinking of you all and of Doug for reasons you are well aware of.

I was very grateful for your last mail giving me an update on how the others in the X-family are doing.

On this side of the big pond things are going well now. Both my elderly parents (81 and 82 years old) are doing well and we are still celebrating the fact that – according to the last report – there is still no sign of the bladder cancer that has been bothering my father the last five years. It actually looks like they managed to remove it altogether in the latest of the four operations. My parents spirits are up, and when they go up so do mine. Our family keeps on growing every year as two of my three nieces and my nephew seem to be taking turns in reproducing. We are happy for all the new girls, for yes it´s always girls! My third niece is only twenty still so she hasn´t started yet but she has a longtime boyfriend now, so who knows…

Well, perhaps my family is here to correct the global gender imbalance caused by the Chinese and the Indians.

Spring has finally come to southern Sweden now. We see much more of the sun again and the temperatures are slowly rising and are now in the low 60´s (F). The forsythia bushes are glowing in yellow and the trees have started to grow leaves, it´s a wonderful time of year. I am still tinkering along but am still on my antidepressants. Most of the time it gets better, but I still get bad periods but the periods are shorter and further between. My doctor tells me he is happy with my progress so...  A few of my closest friends – people that I love and trust - have started telling me that I need to move along or at least start thinking about it. My answer to these kindhearted and loving friends has been that I am sure I will do that in time, but that I am not ready to do so yet. I am on my own timetable and follow my emotions in this. I am not going to be rushed into or out of something to satisfy anyone except myself.

In SecondLife I am still the proud owner of the Southern Charm sim that Ars and I had together, everything is still the same except that my last renter left around new year. I have the money for it so I am keeping it as long as SecondLife exists. The money would only go into a pension fund otherwise and I do not believe I will ever get as old as my parents so what the heck. You and the rest of the Wilsons will always have a virtual home there if you ever decide to revisit us.

I would like to wish you all a very happy Easter and hope you have a nice time during the holidays!

Hugs to you all,
Bock

1 comment :

  1. last but not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARS!

    very nice letter BIL

    <3

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).