Friday, June 17, 2011

40-something

My co-blogger Sven Idyll over at opensweden. Leva i "kartong" is doing an interesting project on making an age-appropriate looking female avatar at 40-something.

My main complaints on Sven's attempts so far are
1. The avatars look way older than 40-something, in my mind they look more like 60-70.
2. Until his latest attempt published today he dressed them like 20-somethings and with the paraphernalia of that age group, like toe-rings
3. Aging doesn't necessarily mean you become "uglier", it just means you have to spend a bit more time in the morning and you have to do more regular up-keep and work harder for the results.

Here I would like to post some inspirational pictures for Sven with real life women in their 40´s.

6 comments :

  1. A good idea and great examples to work from. All ages are important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay we all know that 40 something is the new 20s hehe - we dont look that old as those avatars made - as i did comment on too :)
    i know i dont:) /vampi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please Bock, most of these pics are heavily photoshopped. And more than one of these women had a facelift.

    Even snapshots that are presented in media as reports from yesterdays events where stars gathered are photoshopped, not just portraits from a studio.

    Sorry. These pics have as little with real life looks to do as our avas... : ))

    Ask me how I know and I will tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha is that so Kandi? But theses women really do look more like my 40-something female friends - and they haven´t had face-lifts for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats wrong with toe-rings?!! Now I have to go and look for some to my 60-ish ava farbror Ib...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Apmel, nothing wrong with toe-rings on a teenager, but on a grown woman - or man for that matter - it´s gross

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).