Thursday, July 7, 2011

Maud Who?

Yes, I did choose the worst possible picture of her
Maud Olofsson is a Swedish politician. She has been the leader of the Centre Party of Sweden (Centerpartiet) since 2001, and Minister for Enterprise and Energy since 2006. She served as Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden between 2006 and 2010.

Maud Olofsson has now announced that she is stepping down as leader of the party. Good rhythms I say!

Her greatest accomplishment as leader for the party was to betray the party´s voters by suddenly forcing through a complete turnabout on the party´s longstanding position against Nuclear Power. She has always had a great knack of talking down to people and being overbearing.

I long for the day when I can say, "Maud who?"

4 comments :

  1. Here I thought there was no one who looked scarier than Sarah Palin LOL! She looks like an evil nanny...sounds like she could be by your description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment this post on bloggy:
    http://vanadisser.bloggy.se/apropa-maud-olofsons-avgang-nu-faller/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;) Yup, she is our Swedish model of Sarah Palin - just a tad more rural and overbearing

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).