Sunday, July 31, 2011

There Is a Solution

So you want to join SecondLife, but you do not want to belong to that ghastly family of "Residents" with all those very strange, intentionally misspelled and complicated first names followed by ten or more digits?

There is a solution for you if you use the SciLands Registration (url), where you are still able to create your own first name and select from a wide variety of last names in the good old.way.

I thank my Chief Consultant on all things SecondLife Ms. PetGirl Bergman for this pointer.

2 comments :

  1. I got this comment on the post from Sven Idyll in Swedish.

    [4:21] Sven Idyll: Will those services work for other last names yet? I tested Hurharry723 Coy and Coy pixhulme929 but they were not available? Then I wonder about security, when it asks you to disclose passwords to third parties - in accordance with all safety rules for the Internet, you should not do so. If the service works the first thing to do should be a change of password.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response to Sven Idyll is that I should think you are limited to the last names that are listed.

    As always you should guard your passwords well. I would suggest you use a temporary password of your own design and then change it change it on the SecondLife website (but I haven´t tried this yet).

    In fact i hadn´t tried the service before reading your comment to me in IM and what I got then was that registrations on that website had exceeded the daily maximum allowed so I couldn´t register at this time.

    Thanks again for reminding us about security Sven, we can never hear that often enough.

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).