Friday, July 22, 2011

Worlds Largest Graffiti

Do you want to check out the worlds largest graffiti? Then go for a look at the island of Al Futaisi in the United Arab Emirates using Google Maps or Google Earth.  

The incredibly wealthy sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, who is member of the country´s royal family, has had his first name shoveled out in the desert sands by laborers from Pakistan and Bangladesh. The inscription is three kilometer long. 

Isn't that a terribly creative way to spend your money and wealth in a world where disease and famine kills people by the millions? I feel like slapping someone.

2 comments :

  1. "BOCK!!" <--Isn't that the sound effect when Batman hits a badguy in the old 60s TV show? Is that where you got the name from? That's awesome!

    WHAMMO! POW!! BOCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, I actually hadn't thought of that earlier but now you mention it maybe I should add that in the explanation of how I got my name in SecondLife, see my post Named Avatars 2

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).