Monday, August 15, 2011

When I Start To (Break It All Down)


Master suppression techniques were a framework articulated in the late 1970s by the Norwegian social psychologist Berit Ås to describe five means by which, according to her, women are subjugated to in supposedly patriarchical Western societies. Master suppression techniques are sometimes called domination techniques.

I believe in full and equal rights for women and men in all walks of life. I also believe myself to be a feminist. It is therefore rather upsetting to me when I get criticized for using domination techniques everytime I do not agree with a woman.

My disagreeing with her has nothing to do with her gender, but has everything to do with her opinions. Whatever gender the person I disagree with has, I will always feel entitled to criticize their opinions and I will use the same techniques for both genders.

8 comments :

  1. As a contribution to the region's euphemistically I will not comment above post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Vanadis, you commented while I was still finishing my post perhaps you will feel differently now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I do not want to comment, your post speaks for itself. If you feel you must use your blog to justify yourself, it's your business.
    My ambition is to go from a "whining ass" to "wining ass".
    I already commented on "open sweden" blog.
    (Corrected comment because of typos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I do that affects and concerns me ends up on my blog, Vanadis, you should know that by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I´m not misinformed "rest my case" means that the defense attorney or/and the prosecutor waiting for the concluding speech.
    I have also a blog that I now and then use to express my opinions and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always eager to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).