Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Learning (More) English

"The curmudgeon" - Photography by Jill Greenberg
I stumbled over a word I had never encountered before in a comment on Joe.My.God. today.

Curmudgeon, cur·mudg·eon [ker-muhj-uhn]
noun
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

It is going to be my new favorite word for a while, so some of you better get used to it because I will probably use it all the time.

"Millimina dear, what the fuck happened? You are such a curmudgeon today!"

"Put a sock in it, PetGirl, you are being a f***king curmudgeon!"

"Apmel, buddy, go jump in the lake and simmer down. you are such a curmudgeon!"

"Loo, were you born a curmudgeon or did someone drop you on your head early in life?"

"Don´t be a curmudgeon, Ziggy, it doesn't make you look better!"

12 comments :

  1. Do vi have the same dictionary?
    I Found this translations:
    "substantiv: GNIDARE BITVARG SNÅLJÅP".
    I think "grumbler" is too much.
    -Whiner is more my choice;
    -Take care dear old whiner! :)
    -Like you as you are.
    -Hope you can put up with that I am who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Bock McurmudgeonMillan or Bockurmudgeon McMillan we should call you from now on buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL moi, I don´t recognize myself in your descriptions.

    I always have a very sunny and pleasant disposition pffffffft.

    Everyone I meet always tell me I am the most patient and friedliest man they have ever met in SecondLife. EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see what a Curmudgeon is hehe...I am mostly in a kerfuffle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a new word to me. Leaning all the time. I am pleased that you used a photo of me on this positing. Now aren't I cute. Smile. Have a great day and Hugs from this cute guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Carl, it´s true you really are cute and look nothing like the curmudgeon monkey ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I thought u had found a new pair of eyes :D
    Curmudgeousely //
    Chap

    ReplyDelete
  8. sigh, as a curmudgeon who had to take off her bifocal glasses to read your blog post, I wonder where there is room for those of us who still get 25 yr old men's heart beating in RL. Something that Hunter is eternally grateful for :) - Diana high fives Milli and PetGirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls are ganging up on me I see, what is the world coming to? ;)

    ...and Chaplin, don´t you think I look absolutely stunning in my new Kandi-eyes, you curmudgeon you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How should I make you understand that I am trying to be nice to you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. to Diana :on the blog Vanadis ser på saken she use Times and Georgia instead of Helvetica. Is that easier to read?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am grateful for your everlasting kindness, Sjöfn, please do not think anything else. ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).