Monday, September 19, 2011

Rereading emails

I have just been rereading my email correspondence with my Ars.

I saved them all. 34 emails in total during the period from February 26th, 2008, to September 19th, 2009.

Not that many considering the almost two and a half years we were together, but then again we were mostly in-world.

25 of the emails were reminders that one of us would be away a certain day (mostly Ars to me because he knew what a scatterbrain I am), one of us having login-failures and that we would keep trying or just  a fast "love you" in passing when one of us wasn't in-world for some reason or other.

Three were rather funny to read because it was Ars being the good father and trying to calm me down after "his son" (as I called Guyke in that conversation) and I had had a huge fight where "the self-centered little brat" (my words) had removed me from his friends list in the middle of it and I refused to accept him back on - in spite of repeated requests from him - for a week or so. I told Ars I wanted "the little shit" to suffer so he learned never, ever, to do it again, but that I certainly would eventually accept his friendship offer when I was good and ready.

Two were from Ars explaining the deal he had struck with our former landlady for the transfer of ownership of Southern Charm to us.

The last four were from a quarrel we had once early in our relationship about some really stupid and  unimportant thing, where I mostly complained extensively about how infuriated I was that Ars just logged off in the middle of the argument. (Men huh?) He told me that I had really pissed him off because I stopped listening. (Well, true enough I do that.) The amazing thing is we still ended each e-mail with "Love you, babe!"

I am not sure I can recommend doing what I did, at least when you are not in a happy mood from the start.

3 comments :

  1. Hi Bock. I don't know if you remember me. I was Kenton Deed in SL. I still think of the great conversations the three of us had at the BP dance platform. I even found old SL chat logs in my system files. You and Ars were so much fun to chat with. I miss him and I miss you. SL was just not for me. Take care. KD/Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Kenton, yes of course I remember you!

    You were the first person other than myself to love my beautiful and world-renowned Jesters Hat - or at least you were kind enough to pretend ;)

    I have missed you too and our chats at BP, for a long time while Ars was involved with BP it was our last stop before I logged off for the night. I have many fond memories of those late night talks with Ars and you.

    So good to hear from you again, buddy, and I hope you are doing well.

    You are truly one of the most warmhearted and kindest persons I ever met in SecondLife, I will always wish you all the best and be grateful for your kindness to Ars and me.

    Big hugs to you Tim and please take care too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recalled something else that I will always be indebted to you for. I think it was you who supplied me with the link to Ars obituary on the Internet.

    My memories from that first week after Ars´s passing are still very unclear but I am almost completely sure it was you! Thanks again and forever for that, Tim!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).