Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Support Ticket #01587329 X

Illustration from EPKhosting.com
During the past night I received two emails from my dear Theresa Linden.

The first one was sent at 00:31 CET (3:31 PM SLT).

"A comment has been added to your Case..

Case: 01587329
Avatar: Bock McMillan
Type: Other Inworld Issues
Status: Information Requested

Hi Bock,

You and I work well together as a team. I have to say, you are one of the most helpful SL cases I have ever come across! I only wish I could resolve this for you once and for all, but since I was not able to replicate this issue as your avatar inworld it is hard. I was thinking about having a developer look at this issue through a Jira case, but if like me if they can't replicate these issues, then I don't know how much more help we can be.

Is there any way to see if your ISP can run a check on your connection? Is there a friend's computer that can be tried to see if you are able to replicate the issues from that same connection, different computer?

Thanks Bock, let me know...

Theresa Linden
Second Life Support

To reply to this case, either Reply to this email, or visit : https://secondlife.com/my/support/?caseID=01587329

(To view the Case online, you will need to log into Secondlife.com with this Avatar: Bock McMillan)

The second one was sent at 02:18 CET (5.18 PM SLT).

"A comment has been added to your Case..

Case: 01587329
Avatar: Bock McMillan
Type: Other Inworld Issues
Status: Information Requested

Bock,

Good news! Someone filed a Jira on this issue today, and I have discovered now two other residents who have this issue now. You may not be able to see the Jira, but here it is: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-1343. If you are not able to see or post to it, please let me know. This is what a developer had to say about this issue without having a bunch of details of the users specs:

Alexa Linden added a comment - 14/Jan/13 1:26 PM
The symptoms suggests this is related to packet loss in your network/internet connection: 
If you are on a wireless connection, try a wired connection to see if it solves your problem. Reduce/lower the bandwidth setting in Edit -> Preferences -> Network 

Could we try this last part and see what happens? Reduce/lower the bandwidth setting in Edit -> Preferences -> Network. If this does not help the situation, let me know, and we will need to update your info to this Jira. 

Thanks Bock,

Theresa Linden

To reply to this case, either Reply to this email, or visit : https://secondlife.com/my/support/?caseID=01587329

(To view the Case online, you will need to log into Secondlife.com with this Avatar: Bock McMillan)"
I sent this response to my dear friend Theresa when I had read her messages.

"Hello again Theresa,

I was not permitted to read the Jira or post to it. However Alexa Linden is an old acquaintance of mine. We have met on several occasions in-world and her first life husband with the SL name Taco Rubio is an old friend of mine. The three of us have usually met at the Swedish Lucia celebrations on December 13 at the Swedish Embassy in SL because Taco has been a member of the traditional pageant since its first time in SL. Unfortunately the pageant was cancelled 2012 and the Swedish Embassy was shut down on January 1st 2013 so 2011 was the last Lucia Pageant on the Swedish Embassy sim.

If you should happen to run into Alexa, please convey my greetings to both her and to my dear friend Taco.

I am hardwired and have my bandwidth set to 1500 on my SL-viewer at the moment. When I get in-world I will reduce it to 1000 and we shall see what happens. However, throughout the time when I have had these problems I have from time to time checked the performance thingy (the one under Lag Meter) and I have especially looked at the packet loss - I don´t know why really, maybe it was something someone told me - but I could never see that happening. All the same I will do as you ask me to and reduce to 1000 at first, and then try even lower bandwidth if that doesn´t help. I will tell you how it works out a.s.a.p.

On your questions in the previous email today I would like to say, that of course I could ask my ISP to run a check on my connection if I only knew what to ask them to check for. As far as trying on another computer, I will ask around and see if I can get to use a friends computer for an experiment. I will get back to you a.s.a.p. on this also.

From my point of view Theresa, you have been extremely helpful, kind and it has been a great pleasure to work with you. Then again I have always been exceptionally well treated whenever I have been in contact with customer support at Linden Lab. Alas the two I had most contact with Belinda Linden and Keira Linden have both left, Belinda during the terrible layoffs by M Linden and Keira later for unknown reasons.

Of course I hope we will - and still believe we can - resolve the problems I am having but even if we shouldn´t I am convinced that you have done everything possible from your end to sort it out and that they have nothing to do with the viewer or SecondLife itself. The rest will be up to me.

I hope to be able to get back to you soon, Theresa!

Bock"

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).