Monday, October 1, 2018

A Major Clusterfuck

It's both frightening and tragicomical to follow the total and complete disaster that the selection of a new associate justice to the Supreme Court of the United States has become.

Despite the fact that this is one of the most important positions in the U.S.A and a lifetime appointment, it seems not to have been properly prepared as one would expect of such a longterm and crucial engagement.
Brett Kavanaugh
Photo by Michael Reynolds-Pool/Getty Images
If I was hiring (and I have been in that position several times), I wouldn't give the man a temporary job cleaning restrooms or flipping burgers, let alone a lifetime position as a judge.

That decision would be based solely on the man's performance during the "job interview" and have nothing to do with his alleged sexual assaults or lies. I simply wouldn't want the hassle of working together with - and wouldn't trust a person - who displayed such unhinged anger and rudeness and on top of that spouted weird conspiracy theories.

I am amazed that the nomination hasn't been recalled already or the man convinced to withdraw his candidacy, for the country's sake and the man's. I cannot believe there aren't several equally qualified conservative judges with a more judicial temperament to select from. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).